For those still scrambling, we’ve got a few reservations left for Mother’s Day… and some advice for the perfect day from our resident mom:
Step 1: Let her sleep in. No… breakfast in bed does not make up for waking her.
Step 2: Start with some quality family time… a hike, a bike ride, a visit to the beach. Just make sure you’re the one doing all the packing and organizing.
Step 3: Nourish her. What mom wants to cook and clean on Mother’s Day? Treat her right by taking her out for a delicious meal. That’s where we come in… We’re serving lunch from 10:30-2:30 with special brunch additions and dinner from 5-8. Added bonus- you keep the kids happy.
Step 4: Spoil her. Something indulgent like a massage, that bag she’s been eyeing or a gift certificate to her fave store.
Step 5: Leave her alone. Sometimes some peace and quiet and down time are the best gifts you can give a mom. It’s free play time and what mom doesn’t dream about that?!
25 Things To Do with Kids in Cohasset May 4, 2015
Check out #14! We love being the type of restaurant people feel comfortable bringing the kids to. If you don’t know about our famous kid’s menu, you can take a look here.
Mother’s Day is just just around the corner. What’s your family’s happy place? We’re now taking reservations for lunch with special brunch menu additions from 10:30-2:30, and Dinner 5-8. Trust us… She does not want to be cooking and cleaning on that day! We’ll help you treat her right and keep the kids happy.
Hope you had a Happy Earth Day! Thought we’d share just a few ways we love our Mother at The Corner Stop…
* We collect all our kitchen scraps and coffee grinds and, once a week, our good friend Jonny from Holly Hill Farm picks it up to add to their luscious compost pile.
* Our fryer oil is collected and processed into biodiesel fuel.
* We recycle everything we possibly can- bottles, cans, plastic, cardboard… You’d be surprised how many restaurants choose not to.
* Our takeout supplies are fully biodegradable.
Sure, there are easier ways of doing things, but it’s important to us to have our business reflect our values.
For anyone interested in the latest on pediatric allergies, we are hosting a fundraiser for the MGH Pediatric Food Allergy Center. Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and drinks while learning from experts in the field. Dr. Wayne Shreffler will be on hand to answer your questions, and all guests will receive a signed copy of The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook by Lisa Lundy. Tickets are available by clicking the link above.
“Like kissing the sea on the lips.” – Léon-Paul Fargue
We don’t quote French poets lightly, but we’ve never heard a better description for eating oysters… and around here, we’ve got some love for the sea. So pucker up- We’re shucking $1 OYSTERS MONDAY-FRIDAY 4:30 TO 6:30 AT THE BAR. Eat them pure or with a dab of Chef Sam’s cucumber mignonette, washed down with glass of bubbly or chilled Albarino- There just ain’t no better way to start a meal. …We’re pretty sure a French poet said that too. If you love all things oysters, read on… READ MORE
Easter is fast approaching and we’re now taking reservations from 11:30-7. We’ll be serving up our menu with brunch additions and other Easter favorites. We’d love to be a part of your family tradition.
Spring has nearly sprung (just ignore all that white stuff out there) and it’s never too early to plan your private parties. Bridal and baby showers, birthdays, rehearsal dinners, graduations, weddings… we’ve done them all. This beautiful pic is from a bridal shower we hosted this past weekend.
Here are a couple more from a wedding held at Sandy Beach last summer…
Just give us a call or check out the Private Party page and we’ll take care of all the rest.
Just a friendly reminder- Valentine’s Day is this weekend. For the romantic diehards, we’ve got plenty of tucked away tables for two and are taking reservations for you and your sweetie. For the rest of us, there’s more than one way to celebrate Valentine’s Day…
1. Grab a bunch of couple friends and go out for some group therapy. It’s Saturday night, y’all, and it’s alright to make it fun.
2. Come in for a cozy Morning After Brunch. We’ll be adding special menu items Sunday like Lobster Eggs Benny, Duck Confit Hash, Wild Mushroom & Fontina Omelet, and Brioche French Toast.
3. Bring in the kids for a Valentine’s lunch finished off with our homemade milk chocolate chip cookies and hot cocoa.
4. Get some galpals together and make it a girl’s night out. Apparently there’s some hot and heavy movie coming out this weekend, but we don’t need to tell you about that.
5. Stop in for some oysters and bubbly at the bar to kick off your night.
Of course there are other ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day that don’t involve going out to a restaurant, but we’ll leave that up to you.
This just looks like porn right about now. I suppose this is our way of letting you know we’ll be closed tonight, but we’ll try like heck to open the doors tomorrow night. Maybe we’ll crank the heat, put on some luau music and serve up mai tais. Until then, be safe… breathe in, breathe out… and try to go to your happy place.